Friday, November 9, 2012

The James Hotel Chicago

It's sleek, sexy and modern...The James Chicago is one of a trilogy of hotels, the others are in Miami & Soho, and it has everything the young business or leisure traveler might want. A quirky mid-century modern theme can be found throughout with designer furnishings for emphasis. Situated minutes from the Magnificent Mile the location is perfect for shoppers!

My Suite had two bedrooms and a living room, a projector TV in one room and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in! The color palette of beiges and neutral tones really set the mood for a relaxing stay in Chicago. It's a great place to come back after a hectic day and just re-group!

Service was excellent and staff was always eager to help. The hotel offers complimentary use of bicycles for guests but as it was late October and I was told they were no longer available due to the weather- I confess, I was disappointed, I had been looking forward to biking along the Chicago Lakefront. That's alright...there's always next summer!

Here are some pictures to give you a vibe for the place...

The Penthouse Suite...notice the Eames armchair...

Staircase and restaurant on the left...sleek and modern

The uber modern details...

Crisp white bedding...spartan but plush


Quirky modern decor

The Lobby...I sat here for hours as I arrived before check-in time. The gentleman at the desk graciously offered me a coffee while I waited...great service!

Mini-Bar...notice the mid-century decor prevalent throughout

The second bedroom in my Suite...can be used as a lounge or a bedroom...VERY comfortable!

Next time you are in Chicago and you want a comfortable, modern and plush hotel to stay in give The James Chicago a try. It's small enough to give you a real boutique feel but large enough to give you all the anonymous privacy you might want (I find that really important). It's a great alternative to the stuffy grand dame hotels in Chicago..it's young, hip and trendy.