Saturday, December 3, 2011

When In Richmond, VA...


The Jefferson is the Grande Dame of Richmond. If you must spend time in Richmond, then you must spend it at The Jefferson, a 5 Diamond quality Hotel. The building is the most beautiful in the city. The Belle Epoque lobby is quite breathtaking...
Check out the stain glass ceiling...pretty incredible

This was by the bedside...

The bed: classic but very comfortable

The living area was a nice touch...as was the minibar/kitchenette area



Turndown Service tidied up my room, which was a MESS...I really miss the turndown service at The Jefferson, it was the best I've ever experienced...I wish I could take the turndown service crew home with me...they have their work cut out for them!

I HIGHLY recommend getting one of the rooms with the updated bathroom...it was one of the best bathrooms, and I've tested out a lot of bathrooms...the shower was roomy enough for another ensuite bathroom: HUGE! Double sinks: perfect. And I simply MUST get a TV in my bathroom at home!

The whirlpool tub was pretty great too! The bathroom was pretty classic, they didnt exactly take risks with the decor, nothing edgy about it! But that's part of the charm: pure classicism without feeling the need to follow any trends...

When in Richmond, VA stay at The Jefferson and if you can't...don't go to Richmond. It's more than a hotel: it's a landmark.