Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Monaco Alexandria...Modern Luxury in a Colonial Setting


Alexandria, Virginia...a half hour away from Washington, D.C. This town has been stuck in a most enchanting time warp...just the buildings not the night life. The streets are cobblestoned, the buildings from the 18th century...on a quiet morning with no cars about you feel like you're on a movie set. What most surprised me was the amount of bustling activity...great restaurants, busy main street with fabulous shops, Saturday morning farmers market, the vibrant night life...of you're planning a trip to DC stay at a hotel in Alexandria!!! I stayed at the Monaco Alexandria, a Kimpton Hotel...it was modern, luxurious, quirky, charming, hip and all out wonderful...and the icing on the cake was the use of free bike cruisers for hotel guests...SO worth it! There is nothing quite so charming as biking along those gorgeous Alexandria streets...

A beautiful house in Alexandria...all the houses look like this...I half expected to bump into Thomas Jefferson or James Madison in the street. If you're into Colonial America, or even if you just like elegant buildings...Alexandria Virginia is a magical place. I am really picky and I liked it way more than I thought I would...it's picture perfect.



The quirky black and white chaise longue in my room

Check out the modern, hip wallpaper in the bathroom. I usually don't love 'quirky' because it's usually code for "cheap" but not at the Monaco Alexandria..oh no, this was modern luxury at its best!

See what I mean about amazingly quirky, modern luxury...and absolutely perfect, white bedding!!!http://www.monaco-alexandria.com/