Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pelican Hill Dining

The food at Pelican Hill is exquisite. I know, I know...I say that a lot, but it's true! The view will make your heart soar, I'm not being melodramatic: I'm serious and the Italian menu will take you on a delicious culinary journey. They are serious about italian food at Pelican Hill...gelato is hand made using organic ingredients from a local farm every day...and it's exquisite, extremely high quality...and I like to think I'm something of a gelato expert...lord knows, I sample enough of it to know! But seriously now the food here is no joke!

Andrea is the uber-high-end restaurant on the property...the pasta is also handmade and I highly recommend it. In fact, if you make reservations at Andrea it is a food crime NOT to order pasta because it won't taste quite the same anywhere else, at least not in the United States.


The view (above) is so beautiful...it feels like dining on Mount Olympus and eating with the gods...yes, of course, it's expensive but this blog isn't a guide to Cheap Eats it's about getting a glimpse into what can be, it's about the art of travel and everyone knows you can't debase art with talk of money:-) So yes, it's expensive but it's worth it. Steve Jobs once said "I try to live every day as if it were my last." If I were to die tomorrow I would have no regrets about dining at Pelican Hill and take my word for it: nor would you!

The Coliseum Grill overlooks the Pool and it's a little more casual...of course "casual" is a relative term...it was a little chilly in the evening, despite the outdoor built-in heaters, and the waitor brought out blankets which I thought was a beautiful touch...