Sunday, January 1, 2012

Dinner at the Mansion...

Dinner at the Mansion...c'est la vie! If, like me, you are a fan of British period dramas like the latest Downton Abbey (which if you haven't seen yet, you should!), if you love dressing for dinner, being waited on by an impeccable staff, exquisite decor and the Putting on the Ritz experience then you might enjoy dinner at Glenmere Mansion...I certainly did. I already discussed my experience at Glenmere Mansion in Hudson Valley a few posts ago (see below) but I never really described my dining experience...so here it is!
The white leather banquettes in the dining room were chic and modern. I've read some reviews that the Supper Room at Glenmere was too small...I don't think so at all. It all depends what sort of dining experience you're after...Glenmere Mansion is all about quality not quantity. It's intimate, chic, exclusive without being out of reach.

I just adore these screens...the painting is of the Glenmere surrounding countryside...see what I mean about attention to details!!! In all my travels Glenmere takes the prize for its attention to details...

This first course soup was served in a small espresso style cup...there were truffles involved and it was excellent!

Mussel Veloute...I should have taken the picture BEFORE eating but I got carried away!

Lobster anyone?

Dessert...

After dinner Sorbet...once again I should have taken the picture BEFORE eating...I'll have to work on that!
For more on the Glenmere Mansion Supper Room