Sunday, January 1, 2012

Breakfast at The Mansion..

Ah, Glenmere Mansion, Relais & Chateaux gem in the Hudson Valley, home away from home...I'm thinking of moving in permanently...I've always wanted to live in a Mansion with my own butler...some people say these trivial little luxuries are not what make people happy...but then why oh why do they persistently bring me so much joy? Either I'm not quite normal or everybody else is just lying, and I have to say there's less truth in the former than the latter!
But enough rambling and let me take you on a little journey, a day in the life of a would-be Duchess (me) in her private mansion (ok, so it's really a hotel) in Hudson Valley...

Imagine waking up to this...


Stepping out onto your private balcony in the morning and being greeted by this view...it's not Italy but geography is not something you worry about at Glenmere, you are much too engrossed in the overall beauty of the place...

You have spent the night in these billion threadcount bed linens...and you lazily go to the marble bathroom to dress for the day...

You come down to breakfast, an impeccably appointed table awaits you...everything is as it should be...why can't life be like this every day? I tell you, all of our modern day breakfast rituals are not what they're cracked up to be...a box of Cheerios and cold milk on the run doesn't really set up the day the way a breakfast at Glenmere Mansion does! Some people don't like too much pomp and circumstance at the breakfast table...well, I am just not one of them!

Coffee...

A gorgeous view from my table...

This fruit smoothie was served in an espresso cup, a very nice touch!

These jams and marmelades were home-made and exquisite!!! Divine, delicious, delectable!!!

Scones and pastries on the table

A fruit plate with cream...it was delicious. I'm always weary of ordering the fruit plate at restaurants because often it looks prettier than it tastes...not here the fruit was sweet and fresh.

Pancakes served on gorgeous China

After breakfast at the Mansion I wanted to go out Hunting or Horse back riding, my experience at Glenmere really set the mood...ah, but that's another story for another day...